Horror franchises do not get bigger than A Nightmare On Elm Street. The long running film series features one of our greatest villains, Freddy Krueger. The iconic film released on November 9, 1984. Shoe Palace recently released an exclusive apparel collection dedicated to the iconic horror franchise.
Celebrate the franchise by reading 10 facts about the original Nightmare, A Nightmare on Elm Street.
1. Nightmare on Elm Street cost less than 2 million dollars to make.
2. Nightmare on Elm Street made over 25 million at the worldwide box office when it released in 1984.
3. Johnny Depp made his acting debut in Nightmare.
4. Depp received the part because the director’s (Wes Craven) daughter thought he was cute.
5. Charlie Sheen was initially cast in the film, but he wanted $3,000 a week, which the production could not afford.
6. Freddy Krueger was named after a bully director Wes Craven had issues with as a child.
7. Freddy Krueger had less than 10 minutes of screentime in the original Nightmare on Elm Street.
8. Freddy does not wear a mask because so many other movie monsters around that time, like Leatherface and Michael Myers, wore masks.
9. A lot of movie monsters use knives as weapons. Craven wanted to do something different, he thought it would be scary for Freddy to have a glove with steak knives.
10. DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince made a song titled, “A Nightmare On My Street.” Will Smith appears in the music video that clearly pays homage to the Nightmare
You can find the Shoe Palace x A Nightmare on Elm Street collection at Shoe Palace and shoepalace.com.
- Adam C. Better
Latest Blog Posts
The Life of Bruce Lee
Icons do not get much bigger than Bruce Lee. His contributions as an actor, athlete, and role model are impossible to measure. Read on to take a brief look at the remarkable life of Bruce Lee. From SF to Hong Kong Bruce Lee was born on November 27, 1940, in...
The Life of Jimi Hendrix
Jimi Hendrix is one of the most influential musicians of all time. His innovations with the guitar changed how we all appreciate music. His work still influences modern artists today. Johnny Allen Hendrix Johnny Allen Hendrix was born on November 27, 1942. He was later renamed by his father, to...
Air Jordan 12 Retro 'Black Taxi'
The Air Jordan 12 is one of the most beloved Air Jordan sneakers of all time. The simplicity of the shoe and the sleek Tinker Hatfield design has allowed them to endure for decades now. The stories and legendary feats of Michael Jordan are also intertwined with the legacy of...
2022 Air Jordan Shoes We Are Thankful For
Thanksgiving is once again upon us. So of course, it’s time to select the Air Jordan releases we are most thankful for in 2022. Happy Thanksgiving! Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG Chicago "Lost and Found" Air Jordan 3 "Fire Red" Air Jordan 1 "Taxi" Air Jordan 12 "Playoff" Air...