Personal Identification Information
- We may collect personally identifiable information ("PII") from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, request customer service, or send us a communication. We may also use PII in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available on our website. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, specific PII such as their name, email address, mailing addresses, phone numbers, and credit card/payment information. Please know that while you will always have the right to withhold PII, your refusal to supply PII when requested may prevent you from engaging in certain website-related activities.
- We collect some PI automatically. When you use our website, we will collect certain information that your browser on your Internet access device sends to us (such as your browser type and version), your device's Internet protocol address, your location (if you have enabled the geolocation settings on your device), your operating system, and statistics about how you use our website's services.
Non-Personal Identification Information
- We may collect non-personally identifiable information ("non-PII") about users automatically whenever they interact with our website. For example, such non-PII may include your web browser's name and version, your internet access device's internet protocol address, your location (if you have enabled the geolocation settings on your device), your operating system, and information about how you use our website's services, such as the pages you visited, the products you viewed, and the search terms you used. We collect and aggregate such non-PII information to improve our website and our services and to make them more efficient.
Web Browser Cookies
USE AND DISCLOSURE
Shoe Palace may collect and use PII for the following purposes:
To improve customer service
- Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
To improve our site
- We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
To process payments
- We may use the PII users provide when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
To run a promotion, contest, survey, or other website feature
- We may use PII to send users information they have agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
To send periodic emails
- We may use the email address provided by a user to send the user information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If users decide to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If, at any time, a user would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we will include unsubscribe instructions in each email.
- Shoe Palace will never sell or rent users' PII. However, Shoe Palace may disclose PII to a third party in the following limited ways:
To provide services you have requested
- If we obtain your consent, such as when you choose to opt-in to the sharing of data, we may share your PII in order to provide the Services to you. Similarly, we may need to disclose some of your PII in order to fulfill a request from you.
To fulfill contracts with partners and service providers
- We may enter into contracts with other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf, and so we may need to share your PII with them to provide products or services to you. These vendors do not have any right to use the PII we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us, and their agreements with us bind them to confidentiality obligations in regard to your PII.
To market our services
- We may engage with a service provider for marketing and promotional purposes, and effective marketing may require us to provide some PII to the marketing service provider.
To complete asset purchases or sales
- We may choose to buy or sell business assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that would be transferred. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, PII could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party. In any transaction of this sort, strict confidentiality and non-disclosure provisions would bind the parties to an obligation to preserve the confidentiality of all users' PII.
To perform analytics with aggregated non-PII
- We may provide anonymized non-PII information in aggregate form to our partners and service providers, who may perform various analytics on our Services or may use the aggregated information to develop their own marketing for their own business purposes. In such circumstances, we never disclose aggregated information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally, as an individual.
To enforce legal rights
- We may need to disclose your PII to protect the rights of our users or to protect Shoe Palace's rights or property.
To comply with legal orders
- We may be required to use and retain PII for legal and compliance reasons, such as the following: to prevent, detect, or investigate a crime such as fraud or identity theft; to prevent loss of confidential information; to meet our internal and external audit requirements; to provide security; to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities; to enforce our terms and conditions; to respond to any other necessary compliance circumstances under applicable laws; and, to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or those of other persons. To help us achieve these lawful purposes, we reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we believe is necessary for us to comply with law or with an order from a court or regulatory agency, to enforce our agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our employees, our users, or others.
We do not sell, trade, or rent user personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated non-PII demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above in the "Use and Disclosure" section.
The right to know
- You have the right to know what PII is being collected about you, and the right to request information about what specific categories of PII are being collected, our purposes for collecting PII, and the ways in which we may share PII with third parties. We discuss these topics generally in this Policy, but if you desire more information, you may email us at email@example.com or call us toll-free at 1-888-772-5223.
The right to be notified
- You have the right to know when and how your PII is being collected. This Policy constitutes general notice to you of the ways in which we collect and use PII. If you want more information, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll-free at 1-888-772-5223.
The right to make changes
- You have the right to change, edit, or delete (see below) any of the PII we have collected from you during your use of our website. If you register and create a profile, you can add, edit, or update your PII, or delete your registration account profile in whole or in part.
The right to delete and be forgotten
- You have the right to request that we delete any PII we have collected from you. We will comply with any such request that we receive from you, except when we need the PII to complete a transaction that you requested, or when we need to retain your PII to comply with a legal obligation under other applicable laws.
The right to say no
- You have the right to opt-out of any collection we make of PII. If you are receiving texts sent to your handheld device and you wish to opt-out, reply STOP to any such message. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com or call us toll-free at 1-888-772-5223 to communicate that you are opting out. We do not sell, license, lease, rent, or trade PII, but we nevertheless comply with the CCPA requirement to include a "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" notice on our homepage: clicking on that notice will bring you here to this Policy, where we provide the email address and toll-free number above to allow you to communicate to us your desire to opt-out.
The right to fair and equal treatment
- In compliance with CCPA'snon-discrimination provisions, we do not distinguish between users based on their choices in regard to exercising their privacy rights.
The right to not be tracked
- You have the right not to be tracked for targeted advertising. If you use a popular browser (such as, but not limited to, Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Firefox) you can set the "Do Not Track" (or DNT) preference setting on your browser to opt-out of online behavioral tracking. We respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals, as we are required to do under CalOPPA.
Other User Controls
In addition to the rights discussed above, users have the right to control the use of their PII in the following ways:
Opting out of general communications
- If you do not want to receive general communications from us, which will include marketing materials from us and from our partners, you may opt-out of receiving such communications, and we ask that you please indicate your preferences on your account settings. Please remember that even if you opt-out of receiving general communications from us, we may still send you important information related to your account or to any services you request.
- You can prevent us from collecting location information from your internet access device by changing the settings on your device.
Social media notifications
- If you connect a social media account to your Shoe Palace account profile, you may receive updates and communications from us through those links. However, you can manage these notifications by toggling your social settings to ensure your privacy or by disconnecting such social media integration.
- Users who prefer not to accept cookies can set their internet browser to notify them when they receive a cookie or to prevent cookies from being placed on their hard drive. You can read more about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/.
Marketing and California's Shine the Light Law
- Under California Civil CodeSections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice which identifies the categories of PII that we share with any third parties for marketing purposes, and which provides contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll-free at 1-888-772-5223.
Users may find advertising or other content on our website that links to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by other websites linked to or from our website. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our website, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and related security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and data stored on our website. Sensitive and private data exchange between the website and its users happens over an SSL-secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our website is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for our users.
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA")requires online service providers to obtain parental consent before they knowingly collect PII from children who are under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or solicit PII from children under 13. If you are a child under 13, please do not attempt to send any PII to us through our website. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected PII from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible as may be required by COPPA and other laws.
By using the Shoe Palace website, www.shoepalace.com, you signify your acceptance of this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, please do not use our website. Your continued use of this website following the posting of changes to this Policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.