Goodfellas is a cinematic masterpiece. Shoe Palace is celebrating the classic film with the release of an exclusive apparel collection.
Before you pick up the Shoe Palace x Goodfellas collection on November 18, learn 10 Facts About The Gangster epic.
- The story of Goodfellas focused on real life gangster, Henry Hill (Ray Liotta). The film chronicled his life in the mob.
- Ray Liotta earned his part in Goodfellas because of how he dealt with Martin Scorsese's bodyguards. Liotta was calm, but strong with the bodyguards when they stopped him from approaching Scorsese.
- Author Nicholas Pileggi wrote the book “Wiseguy,” which Goodfellas was based on. Pileggi also co-wrote the script for Goodfellas.
- Tom Cruise was one of the original choices to play Hill, because many felt a movie star was needed.
- Madonna was strongly considered for the role of Karen Hill, Henry’s wife in the film.
- One of the things that convinced Joe Pesci to appear in the film was the director, Martin Scorsese, agreeing to let him add an experience from his life into the story. The famous “Funny How” scene was inspired by a true event Pesci experienced.
- Joe Pesci won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in Goodfellas.
- Martin Scorsese’s mother appears in the film, as Tommy’s (Pesci) mother.
- The film was so violent and graphic that Scorsese had to fight for an R rating.
- Goodfellas was not a huge financial success at the box office. It has made less than $50 million at the worldwide box office.
Shoe Palace x Goodfellas releases exclusively at Shoe Palace on November 18.
- Adam C. Better
Latest Blog Posts
The Nike Kobe 6 “Reverse Grinch”
The Nike Kobe 6 “Reverse Grinch” is easily one of the biggest sneaker releases of the year. The highly anticipated launch takes place on December 15 at Shoe Palace retail stores and on shoepalace.com. Reverse Grinch The Nike Kobe 6 “Grinch” is one of the all-time great sneakers. The Christmas...
The History Of The Adidas Stan Smith
The Stan Smith from adidas might just possibly be on the Mount Rushmore of sneakers. The timeless style and quality of the shoes have allowed them to stay in fashion for decades now. The Sneaker The Stan Smith name is an icon in the sneaker world. adidas and Stan Smith...
NBA Legend, Larry Bird
Larry Bird is an icon when it comes to basketball. His heroics and backstory have become legends in the history of the game. Today is Larry Bird’s Birthday, celebrate by learning more about “Larry Legend.” Origin Story Larry Joe Bird was born on December 7, 1956. He was raised in...
The Nike Kobe 6 “Grinch”
The Nike Kobe 6 “Grinch” was originally released in 2010. It was an instant hit that became not only a holiday classic, but a year round sensation. Before you pick up the ‘Reverse Grinch” from Shoe Palace on December 16, learn about the shoe that started it all. Grinch The...