Goodfellas is a cinematic masterpiece. Shoe Palace is celebrating the classic film with the release of an exclusive apparel collection.
Before you pick up the Shoe Palace x Goodfellas collection on November 18, learn 10 Facts About The Gangster epic.
- The story of Goodfellas focused on real life gangster, Henry Hill (Ray Liotta). The film chronicled his life in the mob.
- Ray Liotta earned his part in Goodfellas because of how he dealt with Martin Scorsese's bodyguards. Liotta was calm, but strong with the bodyguards when they stopped him from approaching Scorsese.
- Author Nicholas Pileggi wrote the book “Wiseguy,” which Goodfellas was based on. Pileggi also co-wrote the script for Goodfellas.
- Tom Cruise was one of the original choices to play Hill, because many felt a movie star was needed.
- Madonna was strongly considered for the role of Karen Hill, Henry’s wife in the film.
- One of the things that convinced Joe Pesci to appear in the film was the director, Martin Scorsese, agreeing to let him add an experience from his life into the story. The famous “Funny How” scene was inspired by a true event Pesci experienced.
- Joe Pesci won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in Goodfellas.
- Martin Scorsese’s mother appears in the film, as Tommy’s (Pesci) mother.
- The film was so violent and graphic that Scorsese had to fight for an R rating.
- Goodfellas was not a huge financial success at the box office. It has made less than $50 million at the worldwide box office.
Shoe Palace x Goodfellas releases exclusively at Shoe Palace on November 18.
- Adam C. Better
Latest Blog Posts
NBA Icon, Allen Iverson
Allen Iverson was drafted by the Philadelphia 76ers in 1996. Allen Iverson was a generational talent. He changed so much about the culture of basketball that it would be impossible to capture his impact in a single blog post. I will try my best to explain why Iverson is a...
Music Icon, Prince
Prince is one of the most talented, talked about, and controversial artists of all time. The work of Prince lives on today and is considered classic music. In honor of his birthday, learn more about Prince below. Prince Rogers Nelson Prince Rogers Nelson was born on June 7, 1958. He...
Shoe Palace x Malcolm X
The Impact Of Malcolm X Is Honored In An Apparel Collection From Shoe Palace Los Angeles – May 30, 2023 - Shoe Palace is celebrating the life an impact of Malcolm X with an exclusive collection dedicated to the leader. You can find exclusive tees and shorts only at Shoe...
Back to All