The Greatest. Not many individuals can live up to a nickname like The Greatest. Muhammad Ali not only lived up to the moniker, he surpassed it. Ali is still possibly the most recognizable man on earth. He is loved throughout the world and has made an impact as an athlete and leader.
Today is Ali’s birthday. Learn 10 facts about the icon below.
- Muhammad Ali started to box at the age of 12
- Having his bicycle stolen as a young boy inspired him to fight
- Ali won the Gold Medal for boxing at the 1960 Rome Olympics
- He was the first boxer to win the World Heavyweight title 3 times
- Ali was banned from boxing for three years because he refused to serve in the Vietnam War
- Superman fought Ali in a comic book, ‘Superman vs. Muhammad Ali’
- Only Michael Jordan has appeared on more Sports Illustrated covers than Muhammad Ali
- Ali made the cover of Time Magazine at the age of 21
- Will Smith was Ali’s personal choice to play him in the Ali movie
- In 2005, he was presented with the Medal of Freedom
In 2022, Shoe Palace released an exclusive collection dedicated to Muhammad Ali.
- Adam C. Better
Latest Blog Posts
The History of the Nike Air CB 34
Charles Barkley is one of the most prominent names in sports. He is an icon on the basketball court, and off. Read on to learn more about one of his signature shoes for Nike, the Nike Air CB 34. CB 34 The Nike Air CB 34 was released in 1995....
Pop Culture Icon, Will Smith
Icons do not get much bigger than Will Smith. His impact on music, television, movies, and culture is broad and profound. Today is Will Smith’s birthday, celebrate by reading on to learn more about the superstar. Fresh Prince “In West Philadelphia born and raised,” the Fresh Prince is from Philadelphia,...
The Story of Chucky And Child’s Play
The original Child’s Play was released in 1988. 35 years later, the franchise and its star, Chucky, are as popular as ever. Learn more about the horror series below and get ready for the Shoe Palace x Child’s Play collection releasing on September 28. 1988 Child’s Play was a hit...
The History Of The Nike Kobe 9
The 9 Since the Kobe and Nike partnership started in 2003, Kobe, Nike, and designer Eric Avar put an emphasis on pushing forward the technology and performance of basketball sneakers. Right before the 9 was launched, Kobe, Nike and Avar were focused on low cut, lightweight and soccer cleat styled...